Colorado Welcome Back
Colorado Welcome Back, a program of Spring Institute for Intercultural Learning, helps foreign-trained healthcare professionals re-establish careers in healthcare in Colorado. The program, established in 2010, is funded by the Colorado Refugee Services Program, Kaiser Permanente, and the Colorado Health Foundation.
Colorado Welcome Back featured in The Denver Post, Denver Business Journal and Univision television network
Snapshots of some recent Participant Successes
- 2 of our participants were accepted into Medical Residency programs in this year's Match! Laith, an M.D. from Iraq, will become a Resident Physician in Corpus Christi, Texas. Lei, an M.D. from China, will become a Resident Physician in Buffalo, New York. Read more of Laith's story here.
- Mamadou, a Pharmacist from Senegal, started employment as a Pharmacy Tech with Kaiser Permanente.
- Tereza, a PhD from Brazil, started employment as a Patient Navigator II with Denver Health.
- Murali, a Pharmacist from India, is moving to Kit Carson, CO, to start employment as a Pharmacist.
- Miriam, an MD from Mexico, is employed as a caregiver with Dignity Care
Congratulations to these participants on their success! Read more participant success stories here
Who is Eligible for Our Services?
Colorado Welcome Back seeks to build a bridge between the pool of internationally-trained health workers living in our state and the need for linguistically and culturally competent healthcare providers. This program is for people with healthcare training from other countries who have moved to Colorado and would like to work in a healthcare setting again. Participants in Colorado Welcome Back must have previous healthcare training abroad. This includes foreign-trained physicians, nurses, pharmacists, dentists, nutritionists, midwives, social workers, mental health therapists, health clinic workers, and many other health professions. Both refugees and immigrants are eligible for Colorado Welcome Back services.
- Initial contact
- Career Planning Session
- Educational Case Management
- Resource and Referrals
- English language training
- Career skills training (resume building, cover letter writing, interviewing)
- Workshops for specific employment and volunteering opportunities
Where are our participants from?
As of November 18, 2014, we have served 462 participants from 79 countries
View CWB Participants' Countries in a full screen map
What Participants Are Saying About Colorado Welcome Back
"I want to say thank you...for giving your time freely...to help me find job opportunities in healthcare. Their help was invaluable to me, looking at my education and work experience to most closely match with my experience. They helped me build my resume and cover letter. They also supported me while applying to jobs and helped me prepare for a successful job interview. I hope that your professional team will continue helping other participants, to help them also successfully find their career dream in the US.
Many thanks once again! I couldn't have done it without all of you."
-Mauralys, C.N.A. from Venezuela