Colorado Welcome Back
Colorado Welcome Back, a program of Spring Institute for Intercultural Learning, helps foreign-trained healthcare professionals re-establish careers in healthcare in Colorado. The program, established in 2010, is funded by the Colorado Refugee Services Program, Kaiser Permanente, and the Colorado Health Foundation.
Colorado Welcome Back featured in The Denver Post, Denver Business Journal and Univision television network
Participant Success Snapshots
- Siva, an M.D. from India, began an observership at Rose Medical Center in Denver.
- Claude, an M.D. from the Democratic Republic of Congo, recently landed a position as a Health Coordinator at the African Community Center of Denver. Check out Claude's story here.
- Josue, an M.D. from Haiti, recently accepted a position as a Patient Navigator at Denver Health.
- Nematullah, a pharmacist from Afghanistan, was recently offered a job as a Community Health Care Advisor at Place Bridge Academy.
- Vered, an Oncology Nurse from Israel, accepted a position as an R.N. with a private healthcare provider in Denver.
- Patricia, an M.D. from the Philippines, landed a position as a Program Coordinator at the Asian Pacific Development Center.
Congratulations to these participants on their success! Read more participant success stories here
Who is Eligible for Our Services?
Colorado Welcome Back seeks to build a bridge between the pool of internationally-trained health workers living in our state and the need for linguistically and culturally competent healthcare providers. This program is for people with healthcare training from other countries who have moved to Colorado and would like to work in a healthcare setting again. Participants in Colorado Welcome Back must have previous healthcare training abroad. This includes foreign-trained physicians, nurses, pharmacists, dentists, nutritionists, midwives, social workers, mental health therapists, health clinic workers, and many other health professions. Both refugees and immigrants are eligible for Colorado Welcome Back services.
- Initial contact
- Career Planning Session
- Educational Case Management
- Resource and Referrals
- English language training
- Career skills training (resume building, cover letter writing, interviewing)
- Workshops for specific employment and volunteering opportunities
Where are our participants from?
As of February 18, 2014, we have served 321 participants from 60 countries
View CWB Participants' Countries in a full screen map
What Participants Are Saying About Colorado Welcome Back
"I want to say thank you...for giving your time freely...to help me find job opportunities in healthcare. Their help was invaluable to me, looking at my education and work experience to most closely match with my experience. They helped me build my resume and cover letter. They also supported me while applying to jobs and helped me prepare for a successful job interview. I hope that your professional team will continue helping other participants, to help them also successfully find their career dream in the US.
Many thanks once again! I couldn't have done it without all of you."
-Mauralys, C.N.A. from Venezuela